Monday, August 29, 2011

My Thai Name

I attended my second Rotary meeting last Wednesday and I needed them to give me a Thai name so that I could have it sewn onto my school uniform. I will make a post about my school uniform later.

Anyway, my Thai name. Before I got my Thai name (which I have officially had for a week now) everybody called me Ma Muang or a Thai variation of my real name that they could actually pronounce, lacheau. But now my nickname is Daw, which in Thai means star.Written in Thai that is ดาว. Kwanz and her friends gave me the nick name but Rotary gave me my real name.

 My country counselor, Ba Oui, which actually means Aunt Oui, gave me the name, Ratchada and I got my host sisters last name Petcharat. So, all in all, Ratchada Petcharat. Written in Thai it is, รัชดา เพชรรัตน์. I had my friend Lung type that for me. I am currently sitting in the Internet Room of my school with 3 of my friends.

Well, that's all for now I didn't write anything for a few days and now I have a lot to catch up on :)

Daw ดาว

No comments: