Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More about school

So, right now I am sitting in my Thai classroom. Apparently there is a big test next period in Chinese and everybody is 'studying'. You know what I mean. Honestly, If I was trying to study I would not be in here, I would be actually anywhere else. Its so loud I can't believe there is any studying going on.

Today is my second day at school and people are still looking at me everywhere I go. I really do like this school its like the size of a college. All the teachers and administrators wear this army outfit that I promise to get a picture of. In their little army uniforms the teachers look scary but they are extremely nice I have not heard any of my classmates say one of their teachers was mean. The only teacher they do not like is their economics teacher (or I think its economics) and I understand why. She is older and always looks tired and just has a very annoying voice.

Anyway, This morning they grouped the entire student body onto the soccer field, their paved soccer field, and they prayed to Buddha (don't have to if you don't want to) and they song a song to their queen and they took attendance. There is this old man who walks around among the sitting students and when the kids see him coming they put everything way, and sit like they are supposed to. If he sees a girl looking at herself in the mirror he takes the mirror, if he sees any drink but water, he takes it, if he sees a brush or a comb he takes it. He is one of the only ones who I have not seen in the army uniform, he just wears normal clothing, when I find out who he is I will write :)

The whole organization of the school reminds me of Miraflores, the school that I went to in Mexico. Very organized and everything I love this school :)


2 comments:

Touré said...

Love is a strong word! I'm very glad to hear it associated with school!!!

Have you learned to cook any Thai food?

Touré said...

Your grandmother has 777 questions about your school. The more you write about it the better!