Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 9, 2011

Well, I finally got my phone! After a few weeks of waiting for Kwan after school in a school this big, getting lost trying to find her, finding her friends who tell me they don't know where she is and try to call her, her not picking up the phone, me sitting alone feeling lost....frustrating :)

Anyway, I love my phone. Its a touch screen. I can reach the Internet anywhere, it's a great mp3 player and it takes decent pictures. I was going to get the samsung champ but it was never in stock because it had just come out and it was so popular. Now I'm glad I didn't get it because everybody is saying now that its a piece of crap. I got an LG instead.

In school these days I pretty much do nothing. Its not like I can because I can't read or write Thai an I am still learning to speak. My rotary president had a very good idea to get me a private tutor so I can learn faster. As for progress so far, I can follow conversations and understand the jist of what they are saying and I know basic words. I hope I can also take special classes for music.

Lately, I have been trying the baby powder thing. I'm can't remember if I already talked about this but girls here seem to think baby powder is for the face. Some girls wear it was makeup which... well...as you would imagine looks great. Anyway, if you apply it lightly, the powder is translucent. It makes for a matte look and your skin feels extremely soft but I have noticed that the overall quality of my skin has diminished a bit. If I notice this continues as I use the powder I will stop, but for now, its an experiment :)

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS PART:

Ok, so yesterday my friend Comalee asked me id I wanted to try some thai sausage. I was eyeing it earlier because it actually looks really good, but I did not get because I had just eaten. Anyway, she asked me if I wanted to try it and I said yes. I smelled it and it smelled great, like a sweet prickly smell.

I think the smell should have warned me. I took a bit and began to chew. At first I just felt heat. Then my lips started to burn. The burning sensation filled my mouth and spread to my tongue and throat and the inside of my nose began to burn.

I saw my friend look at me in alarm  and I realized then there were tears running down my face. I gave her the sausage back. I couldn't speak. My friend ran to get me something to drink and I just stood there afraid to move or open my mouth. I swallowed the sausage which was a bad idea because I began to cough.

My friend came back with a coke. She was laughing and trying to say she was sorry at the same time. I tried to tell her I was ok but it just came out as a whispery scream.

She continued to eat her sausage while I tried to get it together and I watched her. She seemed to not even notice the spiciness, though her cheeks turned a little red. She must have thought I was crazy because I sure thought she was.

Until next time,

Rachel ดำว

1 comment:

aBiCaKeS said...

lmbo srry..... wouldnt coke make it burn some more???