Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Day at the beach with Jackie: Sep 21, 2011

(If you want to see a picture closer, click on it)
Yesterday, Jackie and I had an awesome time at Samila Beach. Jackie is from Mexico also here for an exchange year!

We got to see Cao Tan Quan, the mountain where the monkeys for some reason congregate and we got to swim at Samila Beach. I did this before but the first time I forgot my camera (teehee).

So, first my country counselor Ba Oui had to pick up Jackie from Hat Yai, about 45 minutes away from where I live in Songkhla. Then we all had lunch at a restaurant that belongs to one of the rotary club members. When we finnished eating my host mom dropped us off for a day of being ripped off by vendors, being scratched up by monkeys and carefully walking though the sea water trying to avoid starfish and crabs!

I got to wear some clothes my host mom bought for me at the Sunday Market. Clothes here are incredibly cheap.

Me and Jackie:

The monkeys were sooo cute but really aggresive :) They get your attention by tugging at your bag or touching your skin with those creepily soft hands. Some were bold enough to take the basket of food right out of our hands. One basket of food was 10 BHT. CHEAP. We got a basket of bananas and a basket of peanuts.

Some mean monkey grabbed Jackies wrist and made her drop the basket of peanuts. Meanie...

The Mean Old Man



Look at those EYES!!


That thin green net is a bridge for the Monkeys to cross the street.
Now less of them get hit by cars :)
Some stupid bird pooped on my bad, see if you can find the little white speck :)

Jackie at the base of the mountain.

Jackie :)

This is a playground they made for the monkeys :) Nalac! 
Me at the base of the mountain :)
 From there we walked to the beach where we changed in a little crummy bathroom that you have to pay to get into and we paid the owner of the restaurant near the bathroom to keep our stuff while we swam. We paid like 20BHT which is like, nothing.

We 'swam' and we had a lot of fun wondering how far we could go before we were in danger of sharks. We saw these people in the water who looked like they were looking for something. We found out later they were looking for starfish and those crabs with the swirly shells. One of the guys that was looking in the water showed us what they were looking for. That was the first time I touched a starfish, it was squishy.We had seen a starfish in the water earlier and we didn't touch it because...well, I didn't touch it because I didn't want it to like stick to me or something :)

After the beach we got our stuff back and we got some pins made for our rotary jackets. I will take a picture of mine later :) We asked the lady to write Samila Beach on them :)

A big cat and a mouse next to the beach. I am sitting on the mouse :)

Me and a Mouse :)



SO, we kept walking and we found another sculpture, and this time it was a mermaid :)




This is the Tuk Tuk, its a little bus that can take you pretty much anywhere and its really cheap :)
 ROTARY MEETING!!
Jackie and I in our YE jackets at the Rotary meeting. Our meetings are held in
a Hotel.  I am about to make my presentation about my home :)


I made my presentation to the rotary club in English and my counselor translated for me. Most of the people in my club speak English anyway.

Me giving my presentation :)

Me giving my rotary clubs flag to my host clubs president!

Well, that was our day. I made quite a few posts today and I still have soo much more to write about...*sigh.

ดาว

No comments: