Sunday, September 18, 2011

September 15, 2011

Well, I've been here a month now. I got the first of my allowance from Rotary last night at the weekly meeting. I saw my Rotary Youth Exchange country councelor again. Her name is Oui. She tells me to call her Ba Oui, which is Thai for Aunt Oui.

So, I have alot of random things I wanted to talk about. Just catching you up. Lateley, I'm finding it hard to write in my journal. It just seems easier to jump on Blogger and type whatevers on my mind :)

When I first came to Woranari Chaloem, well, when I began to make friends, I was watching how the people in my class interacted. First of all, everybody looks alot younger than they really are. Like, I look at someone and to me they look like, oh mabe 13? Then they tell me they are 17 or 18. Oops :) Well, I was watching how everybody talked to everybody and there didn't seem to be any clicks or 'loners' like there tend to be in the US. It seemed like everybody just liked everybody.

Well, anyway, I learned that that was not completeley true. I was sitting with 5 of my friends after school and we had just gotten something to eat so...lets just say gossiping in that gossiping in Thailand is just as entertaining as gossiping in the US. I found out during that conversation that even though it seems like everything in hunky-dory, thats not completeley the case. Some people do have problems with other people, I just didn't notice it until someone told me :)

Oh, and one more thing on that note, some girls were fist fighting in the bathroom. It was um....interesting. It was probably about some boy. My friend told me it happens a lot :)


SOOOO, this weekend I was at this presentation that the seniors had to make for their art class. It was soo funny. Remember me talking about Nek? Welll, he's a senior and he was ALL UP in that presentation :) He was wearing a shirt that was cut off under his pecks, and black skinny jeans, that were sooo tight on him that I almost lost respect for him :) Then he proceded to do this belly dance to this Thai song. Oh, and he was wearing makeup. Hmm, Thai culture.. gotta love it... literally because I have to live with it at least another 10 months :)

1 comment:

aBiCaKeS said...

Well.... that was intresting im still laughing about the fist fighting part. ik its not funny but it's like u think everyone is all cool and nice and stuff and then bam!! FIST FIGHTIN!!!